Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Django hosting

Python as a language has fascinated me since my college days, python is as natural in flow and construct as it can get.

So, when i decide it was the time to patch together a web presence for myself , i started looking around for a web framework, But my specifications were rigid.

I needed a framework , which was opensource, so that rules out windows based development techs,
Also i don't have a liking for Java as a development environment. On digging a bit deeper i came across the web frameworks for Python.

There are many options when it comes web programming in Python for example "Zope", "Turbo gears" , "Django" and many more.

But Django just clicked with me.

Then came the real problem which i faced , which is the actual topic of this post, most of the hosting services don't provide shell account and also there is no scope for mod_cgi or fastcgi which is required to run Django apps.

But, there is no need to panic, there are some quality services which provide the required architecture to host Django apps.

Here is link from django site itself listing the popular hosting services, i myself have chosen "webfaction"

No comments:

Post a Comment